Goat cheese, honey, and walnut crostini
If you know me, you know my love for bread and cheese. But not just any kind of bread and cheese, the good kind! I recently went to a local cafe that specializes in different kinds of toast. The one that I ordered had goat cheese, honey, and lavender (SO GOOD!). Since then, I've been hooked on goat cheese! While some people bag on goat cheese saying "it tastes like a goat smells" (spoiler alert to all those who haven't tried it yet... it doesn't) I absolutely love the distinct flavor it has!
And for me, adding nuts to a recipe is an automatic win! For this recipe, the sweetness of the honey with crunch and saltiness of the walnuts is truly the perfect combination.
This recipe for Goat Cheese, Honey and Walnut Crostini is so easy to make it's insane! Only requiring six ingredients (five of which most people already have in their homes), this recipe is perfect to make for a get-together with friends or when you want to have a fancy little lunch.
So do yourself (and your taste buds) a favor and make this delicious recipe!
Goat cheese, honey & walnut crostini
Prep Time: 12 min.
Cook Time: 18 min.
Total Time: 30 min.
-1 organic baguette
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Raw walnut pieces
-Pink Himalayan sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Slice the baguette into little slices and spread them out on a baking sheet.
3) Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of the baguette slices with the extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with the pink Himalayan sea salt.
4) Toast baguette slices in the oven for about 18 minutes or until crispy and golden.
5) On a second baking sheet, spread out the walnuts and allow them to bake in the oven for about 5 minutes or until they turn a golden brown.
6) Let baguette slices cool for a couple minutes before doing anything with them. Once cool, spread a thin layer of goat cheese on each slice, top off with walnuts and drizzle some honey.