Paleo, Gluten Free Banana Bread
Banana bread is probably one of my favorite things to make. It's so easy and you can always make it different by throwing in different ingredients! I purposefully will buy a bushel of bananas and let a few go "bad" so that I can turn them into banana bread. My favorite way to make it is will cacao nibs and walnuts mixed into the batter, but I've also made it with coconut flakes mixed it and just kept it plain jane! Not only is this banana bread healthy, but it is also superrrr *moist* (sorry to all you moist haters out there) and delicious! The trick to super moist banana bread? Super ripe bananas! Letting the bananas get real nice & brown & speckled will guarantee a moist loaf.
I'm constantly tweaking my banana bread recipe, but after making these loaves here, I know that this recipe will be my go-to from here on out!
- 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cacao nibs
- chopped walnuts (didn't measure)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients separately. Once each are combined, combine them all in one bowl and mix until batter is smooth.
- Pour banana batter into a well oiled loaf pan (I used coconut oil).
- Bake for 25- 35 minutes or until bread tests clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes before cutting into.
- Enjoy! :)