Gluten Free Pesto + Goat Cheese Pizza
You know those people who say that they could have pizza every day? Yeah, I'm not one of those people. I've never really gotten the craze TBH. Like greasy cheese, with tomato sauce on bread? Hmm, I'll pass. This pizza though is on another level! And don't let the "gluten free" aspect scare you away! The pizza dough is not something I made from scratch, because I just don't have that time, it's one of Simple Mills products! If you're not familiar with Simple Mills, they create food that only has simple, healthy, and REAL ingredients, which is what I love about the company. A couple of my other favorite products of theirs are their Farmhouse Cheddar Almond Flour Crackers and their Chocolate Muffin and Cake Mix. If you haven't checked them out yet, do it now!!
But back to this pizza...it's honestly quite a versatile recipe and you can switch it up with any of your favorite toppings! So keep on reading for the recipe below!
- 1 box of Simple Mills Pizza Dough Mix (I used half of the box)
- Organic Goat Cheese
- Pesto sauce (recipe for this down below)
- Handful of arugula
- Cherry tomatoes
- Unsalted pine nuts
- Bake pizza dough according to box.
- Spread homemade pesto sauce onto pizza dough.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese, sliced cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, & arugula.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
- ENJOY! :)
Homemade Pesto Sauce
- 3 cups of organic basil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of unsalted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Blend all ingredients in food processor and enjoy! :)
What are some of your favorite pizza toppings? Let me know in the comments below!